On 5/16/2011 8:44 AM, Dave Barton wrote:
-------- Original Message  --------
From: william drescher<will...@techservsys.com>
To: users@openoffice.org
Date: Mon, 16 May 2011 06:44:38 -0400

On 5/15/2011 3:45 PM, Richard Detwiler wrote:
On 5/14/2011 11:01 AM, william drescher wrote:
I have a form that consists of one table. The table starts at
the very beginning of the page. I can not figure out how to
insert a new page before the table. I can't get the cursor
outside of the table at the top.

How ?

Thanks in advance.

Bill

I'm using OOo version 3.1.1 (not the newest, I realize). I just
tried it and found it to be simple: I put the insertion point to
the left of the first character in the upper left hand cell of
the table, and press Enter, and it moves the table down one line
and puts the insertion point at the top of the page, outside of
the table.

In some earlier version, I remember struggling to do that task,
though.
In my case OO 3.3.0, the table goes to the left margin and clicking to
the left just highlights the first row.

bill

You seem to have misunderstood Richard's instructions. Put the insertion
point (ie. the flashing caret/cursor position indicator) INSIDE the top
left hand cell of the table, as indicated by the * in the rough
illustration below:
        --------------------
        | *123 | 456 | 789 |
        | abcd | efg | hij |
Assuming the top left hand cell contains the number 123, position the
flashing caret immediately to the left of the 1 and press Enter.

Hope this helps.

Dave
Oh, duh, that does work, thanks.

bill