OOo 3.3.0 downloaded from OOo on Fedora 14, x86_64.

Word completion is not working very well.

1) It takes words from text that is pasted in from other sources. This
adds a lot of words that I will never actually type myself. Is there a
way to tell it to take just words that I type?

2) It is constantly adding typographical errors that I type, and
frequently parts of words, or numbers and parts of numbers. E.g.,
perusing the list in Tools > Autocorrect > Word Completion I find
entries like "verb-ADVERB" (a typo where I hit the caps-lock key before
the A), "Collins2000" (an incorrect citation added by Zotero) and
"692" (a number that I typed in a table).

A solution would be to tell it not to accept a word unless I tell it to
do so manually after typing it, like a keystroke shortcut that I can
use right after typing a word. That way I can make it keep only the
words that I really need it to save and eliminate the trash. I can't
find this option, or any other way to make it less annoying.