OOo 3.3.0 (from Openoffice.org) on Fedora 14, x86_64.

I can't believe I am unable to figure out how to do this.

I need a header that alternates on left and right pages.

I tried using the page style Right Page, but the header tab has a
grayed out checkbox for Same Content Right/Left. I can't uncheck it.

I tried creating new page styles, which allows me to uncheck the Same
Content Right/Left checkbox for the new left page style, but not for
the new right page style.

I can't find a "document setup" option where I can specify right and
left facing pages.

Obviously I am not looking in the right place. What is the secret for
alternating right and left pages?