On 5/31/2011 3:05 PM, openoffice.mbou...@spamgourmet.com wrote:
Ken Southwood wrote:
Can someone tell me how to program a cell in one sheet to retrieve and
record a number in a cell in another sheet?

Ken Southwood

If you use the mouse to make cell selections for formulas, begin the formula as normal and when it comes to selecting the cells just click to select the required sheet first.

When typing a formula, simply use:
'SheetName'.CellReference
where you would normally use a cell reference. The single quotes are required if there is a space in the sheet name, otherwise they're optional. Cell reference is a cell on that sheet.

For example:
=Sheet2.A1
='Another Sheet'.D7
=SUM('Another Sheet'.B1:B10)

You can even refer to a cell in another file, e.g.:
='file:///C:/Users/Mark/Documents/filename.ods'#$Sheet1.C12
but of course that's liable to break if the referenced file is moved or deleted, or if you send the file(s) to someone else who places them at a different path!

Mark.

Thankyou, Mark. That's great. But now I need to do =SUM('Another Sheet'.B1+D1), omitting C1 in between. I can't find the right way to do it. It just gives me B1, whatever I do, if it gives me anything at all.

                                                        Ken

                                                                Ken