RA Brown wrote:
James Knott wrote:
A friend recently bought a new computer and she'll be wanting me to
install OpenOffice (and some other apps) on it.  The computer came with
64 bit Windows 7.  Is there a 64 bit Windows version of OOo available?
I've been running the 64 bit Linux version for years.

No there is not, at this time, a Windows 64 bit version.  Make sure that
they load the 32 bit Java version as well.

Will that cause issues with 64 bit apps that also use Java?

Also, why so tardy with the 64 bit version? 64 bit CPUs have been around for years (I got my 1st 5 years ago) and 64 bit Windows is now the norm.