Hi, Rachelle--It's very rarely that I'm able to help anyone with anything on this site, but am always getting very generous and gracious help. Perhaps I can be of use here, however, as when I purchased my i-mac a year ago, It was limited to a text editor program. After tryi8ng Apple's I-Works program which none of my volunteer org colleagues could open, I was advised to download Open Office.org. That has done the trick for me. It does have a spreadsheet, word processing, etc. components.

When I send to my colleagues with Word, I save my Open Office document file (".odt") to my own file, and also perform a "Save As" (under the "File" Menu) of Open Office, and give it a ".doc" file extension. Then I can attach that Open Office .doc file to the e-mail and they read it just fine. It does give you several different Microsoft Word versions to pick from, but I usually just pick MSWord 97/2000 and that seems to work for everyone.

I do hope this helps you. If not, Open Office.org also has a support program on their website, as well as a User Forum Group.

I have found Open Office a much better program for me than a costly Microsoft platform for Apple.

Good Luck.

Dorothy Trinen