Dear Andy:

1)    Download the PowerPoint (.PPT)
2)    Right click on it, and choose "open with"
3)    Follow the menus to open it with Oo Impress.
4)    Then save the file as an .ODP for use with Open office.
5) This may contain embedded vectorial or executable content. Occasionally this content is misinterpreted when converted. If this shows as an issue, get back to me on the list. The file will then have to be opened with Power Point, taken apart and the pieces saved independently, then reconstructed in a combination of Oo Draw, Audacity, UPlayer and Oo impress finally.

If there is video content, you can set that up in Windows media player if you are on a Windows platform.

If you are running Linux (such as Fedora) you could look for Videolan or Cinelerra. Videolan is likely enough. Cinelerra is very high end and I have note seen a downloadable compiled RPM for it. It had to be compiled before installation and use by the end users.

Best Regards,

Bruce Martin
QC, Canada