On 8/6/2011 6:24 PM, William Case wrote:
Dear User:

Perhaps this may help. You may want to save it separately as you create it as a personal template.

Open a letter size page in Draw.

Open a blank page in writer.

Create an empty frame (not a rectangle) in Writer

Cut and paste it to the Drawing.

Copy and past in Draw to have a second frame.

In the options, set Draw's snap to snap to object points.

In the drawing, drag the second frame until it snaps aside the firt.

Select both frames and make them into a group.

Exit the group and reshape the group to fit. (Save this also as an intermediate template - starting point to create different similar templates in future.)

Copy the group and paste one copy in each document page where it is needed.

Save that .ODT as a template, then re-save as your working file (different filename.)

In your working file, select the group, right click on it, and choose group, and edit.

Once in, enter the text mode of the frame (column) you wish to work in and type.

Repeat as needed, exit group and save. The frames should give you the columns without the "snaking" action.

As a final quip, is your text now "column-ated"? (read as:"collimated")

Best Regards,

Bruce Martin

Dotage must be setting in.  I set this up a couple of years ago with no
problem, now I am having all kinds of frustration.  I want to set it up
myself and not rely on a template.  Here is what I want.

Two columns with a section split for each item across the two columns so
that words can be added in each section and the section lengthened with
out distorting the rest of the document.

For example:

        Voice                   Visual

Blah blah blah blah             description of wonderful
blah blah blah blah             things to be seen
blah

(some kind of section break ------------------------->

Another blah blah blah          description of wonderful
blah blah blah blah             stuff that goes with Another blah

(some kind of section break ------------------------->

etc.

Open Office 3.3.0