Robert

I think this is also a 'feature' of MSW.
if it is the same thing as I have encountered,
then by the Heading you mean the first paragraph on he page,
and you have applied local formatting
(i.e. selected the text and chosen the font size etc.)

To get round it, choose a different paragraph style
(F11 bring up the style list )
say heading.
If you want to customise it,
do that on the 'global' paragraph setting in the style list
(right click and choose modify)
this will affect the global setting in your current document,
and will not affect other docs.

Dave Legge

Peter Kupfer OOo wrote:

Robert Volke wrote:

No matter how many times I try, I can not get the heading's reformatting
to save.  I am trying to change the format of the heading to Verdana 14
Bold.  All other changes will save except this one if I click the save
button.  The changes look like their made, and when you save everything
the changes still good, but if you close the document and reopen it the
formatting is gone.  I haven't messed with templates or anythnig so I
don't know how this could have happened.  I am on a NT box and have
OpenOffice version 109.  The document I am referring to can be obtained
from the issue list at OpenOffice.org, the issue number is 51277.  Thank
you,

I did some rather extensive test on your issue. It is quite bizzare.

If anyone wants to tackle a tricky, somewhat bizarre problem, please see issue #51277.

HTH,