On Fri 30Sep2011, at 07:12 , Drew Latenser wrote:

> Hello,
>     After working with excel recently and utilizing their table functions, I
> was wondering if calc had this ability? I’ve been looking around the program
> and haven’t seen a function resembling the creation or conversion to a table.
> Thoughts?
>
> Best,
> Drew

My understanding is that tables refer to word processor versions of
spreadsheets. If that is what you are trying to do, then yes, you can insert a
calc sheet into writer. The simple way is copy|paste. But there is probably a
more elegant way that will also allow auto updating from calc to writer

Keith Bainbrdge
PO Box 324
BELMONT Vic 3216 Australia

+61 (0)408 522 706