On 11/18/2011 9:58 AM, Dick Bingham wrote:
Please Help : (1) I am interested in joining this effort as a USER -- Not developer. (2) I am searching for a way to convert ( translate) several hundred files prepared under Quattro Pro ( dos , "for windows" and /or Corel version QP10). I am aware that it is possible to change each QPRO file to an Excel Format by simply Opening each file and then Saving AS excel ( xls ? ). Would this make it possible to then use Open Source Calc to add to / delete from or modify each file.. ?
Alternatively, is there a way to convert directly ?

I'm not aware of any way to do a direct conversion, but I've used the other approach successfully on several files. I found doing a QPro Save As to Excel v5/v7 format (I think that was the choice that worked) gave results I could successfully open in OOo Calc. The results usually were not perfect but I could then edit to get what I wanted. Some QP-functions translated ok; others required hand-conversion. Macros didn't convert at all. I could probably give you some advice/tips if you decide to go this way. I suspect we should do this by private email unless there is more interest out there than l think.