On Monday 27 June 2005 04:30, Philipp Lohmann - Sun Germany wrote:
[...]
>> I get the impression that in RGB modes, its useing all color ink
>> but no black to generate the blacks, whereas in the other modes,
>> there should be some color under removal where black ink is subbed
>> in those areas of the image where a reasonable facsimily of black
>> is needed. Quite a bit easier on the ink usage if done right.
>
>I think this might be more of a driver problem. I can't be sure,
> though.
>
>Kind regards, pl

I haven't done a lot of experimentation with cups, but IIRC its set
for RGB mode too, so I was puzzled when CMYK came up in the 2.0beta
spadmin.  Also, I'd saved hidef config as default, and didn't realize
that was system-wide.  So when amanda went to spit out her report of
the nightly backup, it took about 20 minutes to print instead of 15
seconds.  Lots of wear & year on the printer, but probably less ink
used for straight black text.

The default setting really should be exclusive to OOo, and not
system-wide as each program has different needs, each should really
have its own 'default' setting.  And the spreadsheet would need a
diferent default than impress for instance.  Is that even doable for
2.0 final?

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)