On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 14:06 -0800, John Boyle wrote:
> On 2/15/2012 11:17 AM, Dan Lewis wrote:
> > On Tue, 2012-02-14 at 18:38 -0500, Pat Brown wrote:
> >> I'm running LibreOffice 3.4.4. In the last day when I try to put page
> >> numbers or dates or anything from Fields, into a document, instead of
> >> getting an actual number or date I get this:
> >> Date (fixed)
> >> Page numbers
> >> Time (fixed)
> >>
> >> It also shows this when I open someone else's document so it's not
> >> restricted to my own documents. Has anyone ever seen this problem
> >> before?
> >> Pat Brown
> >       This happens to the best of us every once in a while. I have done
> > this, and I have seen posts earlier where others have done this.
> >   Try either one of these (they do the same thing):
> > 1) View>  Field names.
> > 2) Control+F9 (hold down the Control key while typing the F9 key)
> >
> > --Dan
> >

> To all: I am confused. Is this the Open office users group for the
> LibreOffice users group?:-\

     Perhaps, the OP is a member of both user groups; or perhaps, the OP
things that OOo and LO are basically the same. Regardless, the
instructions I gave apply to both. Seems like people can have the same
problem regardless of which of the two office suites they are using. I
remember seeing a similar request for how to do this very thing several
years ago on this mailing list.

--Dan