I posted the following question a few days ago:

I'm tryinmg to use "interaction" to run a program from an Impress presentation.
The program actually runs, but the Impress screen remains on top so I don't see anything.

To reproduce the problem I use "Interaction" menu to start a simple X11 program (let's say xclock) from an impress presentation. If I click on the interactive object on the screen I do not see the clock, but if I exit presentation mode I find the clock on the screen. The problem is how to force the application to come up on top of the screen, over the presentation.

I'm using Linx (FC 3) with the xfce window manager. Somebody suggested that this is a window manager issue, and I agree, but still I'm not able to find a solution.

Many tanks for any suggestion
                                        l.f.

       -- )     Luca Fini                            Tel: +39 055 2752 307
 ___    |\      INAF - Oss. Astrofisico di Arcetri   Fax: +39 055 2752 292
(___|___//___)  50125 Firenze  /   WWW: http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~lfini
 (_)      (_)   Italia        / e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]