[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

in excel once you've put a = sign in there are hundreds of choices for the formula whereas i can only see 5 for Calc like SUM, IF MAX MIN,
excel has funtions like LN, CONVERT, CONFIDENCE, are these available in  calc?
I haven't looked at that box to the left of the input bar in OpenOffice.org nor a similar one in Excel for entering functions (my spreadsheet using days predate such "niceties"), but it appears the one in OOo simply lists the recently used functions. Presumably you'd use a certain subset of functions most often, and they are also ones you likely already know the proper data types to provide, so you are only looking for "speed-typing" so to speak. As noted <Ctrl-F2> or clicking on the icon just to the right of the pull down list will bring up the complete function wizard with all functions listed.

Just checked--Excel works virtually identically, building a list of "most used" functions based on your work. The major difference is that Excel put a "More functions..." link at the bottom of the short "recently used" list to jump over to the function wizard, something you could go directly to in Excel by clicking on the "fx" icon just left of your input.

--
Ed Zollars, CPA
Phoenix, Arizona