Hi;
I'm using jpegs (one psd) but 50 of the 60 pictures
take up about 3/4 page and I have the resolution down
to 100 dpi so I get decent printed results but
pixelated screen reads (the pictures are scans with
images and text). Since many newspapers print at 200
dpi, I sort of think I'm toeing the line here.

I went to tools>options>memory and increasead the
graphics cache, amount of memory per object and number
of objects to cache. Everything went well--no crashes,
etc.--and most of this 225 page document is finished.

This project has helped warm me to OO once again (I
used the free version of Star Office about five years
ago). I don't think any other word processor would
have let me make these adustments without managing the
machine's virtual memory. I now feel guilty using
Photoshop when I also have Gimp on my computer.

--- Peter Kupfer OOo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://openoffice.peschtra.com/distro/ooo_distro.html