On Fri, 2005-07-08 at 10:00 -0700, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> how do i print page number / total pages in the footer
> section of my writer documents?
>
> insert -> fields -> page number delivers the page
> number.  adding a " / " adds the slash.  how do i get
> the program to calculate the total pages and put it
> after the slash?

If you are doing it in a valid footer object, then you go into
the Edit area and click on the # icon, then put a "/", then
click on the "##" icon.

If you are creating an artificial footer using sections or
layout, then you will Insert > Fields > Page Number, then
put a "/", then Insert > Fields > Page Count.

> i googled this and found nothing - which surprised me.

Try the OpenOffice.org knowledgebase instead next time at the
link below. There are quite a few answers to commonly asked
questions, and even the tricky ones. :)

Regards
Jonathon
--