Andrew Douglas Pitonyak wrote:

When you make your connection, the column type is probably deteremined by the value in the first row. Well, your first row probably contains the header value so it is probably really row 2. If this is a five digit number then the type is set to be a number. When you then find text, it is returned as zero because it is expected to be a number.

I've tried changing the format of cells and columns in the spreadsheet, and the format of the column in the spreadsheet-style view of the data source, and nothing changes.

I looks like changes that I make in the spreadsheet are not reflected in the data source, even when I refresh, create a new data source, or close and open the spreadsheet. Only when I change the data source (by that I mean changing the data in a cell of the spreadsheet-style view of the data source - is there a better name for the array of cells to the right of the data source window?) is the change permanent, but that change does not change the spreadsheet.

It appears that the spreadsheet and data source aren't really linked. I expect it to be, because the data source is of type spreadsheet and points to the spreadsheet .sxc file. The URL is sdbc:calc:file:///C:/Documents and Settings/sitongia/My Documents/UNA/membership/database.sxc

==Leonard