> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 11:55 am, K. Shantanu wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Don't want to start a flame or software war, but how does Ooffice compete
> > against M$-Office?

For the word processors, let me immodestly point out my recent article
at:

http://software.newsforge.com/article.pl?sid=05/06/14/2137222&from=rss

For the other equivalent parts, I'd say that the slide show programs are
similar, but PowerPoint has more options for sound. The spreadsheets are
also close in functionality; I've heard some advanced users complain
about the speed of Calc compared to Excel, but I doubt that average
users would notice much difference.

--
Bruce Byfield 604-421.7177
http://members.axion.net/~bbyfield