On Wednesday 13 July 2005 2:20 pm, Peter Kupfer OOo wrote:
 Fred A. Miller wrote:
 > I may have missed this, if it's been answered before. Is there a way to
 > have page numbering start on page 2 as page 2, that is NOT be visable on
 > page 1?

I'm not confused, I'd read it more than once. What I DON'T want is any page
number on page 1, but want numbering to START on page two with the number 2.

Thanks,

Fred

Yes it is a bit needlessly convoluted and not at all intuitive -- and I love all those folks who brought Ooo and NeoO to reality!

Follow these top menu steps:

Insert > Header - Default (to get you started)

Insert > Fields > Other

In the Fields box under TYPE column hit Page

In the SELECT column hit Page Numbers

In the Format column use any number format you like.

The real page# business is in the OFFSET box at the bottom. Put "-1" for the page counter to "skip" your first page as page #1 and to start marking off page numbers in the following page. You'll get the logic of it. Really shouldn't be this complex to do, and an easier more straightforward route ought be on the agenda.

Good luck!

James Greenidge