Thanks for the assistance.

Travis

-----Original Message-----
From: CPHennessy [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thu 2005-07-14 6:29 PM
To: users@openoffice.org; Pick, Travis - Marathon
Subject: Re: [users] Calc Question

On Thursday 14 July 2005 16:35, + Pick, Travis - Marathon wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> I was wondering if someone knew if Calc was able to have add-ins, the same
> way excel does.  To be specific, we have a system called Pi, which
> interfaces into excel to allow data extraction and manipulation.  I am
> looking into upgrading from Office 97 to Open Office, however I need this
> functionality to be maintaine.

Some work is being done for VBA to work in Excel but AddOn's will not work
as
easily. Your best bet is probably to ask the original author/vendor of your
AddOn to port it to OOo. Otherwise have a look at http://pitonyakl.org
<http://pitonyakl.org>  for a
very good tutorial on macros and how to write Add ons.

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor

                                http://user-faq.openoffice.org/#FAQ