On Sunday 17 July 2005 22:55, Rodney D. Myers wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 14:34:32 -0700
>
> "Rodney D. Myers" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > What would be necessary to get OO change from the AportisDoc format,
> > to pluck format?
> >
> > It seems that the APortisDoc reader is now defunct.  I went to their
> > web page, and it is for sale.
> >
> > Whereas if is saved to plucker format, once less step to taking
> > documents on my palm?
> >
> > The plucker format is openly available at;
> >
> > http://cvs.plkr.org/index.cgi/*checkout*/docs/DBFormat.html
> >
> > thanks
>
> Just went and logged in, to submit a request. Man, what a nightmare to
> even attempt to submit a request for this item. :-(

Is the interface for output formatters arranged so that someone can add one
without upsetting the whole system?  Having a runtime include feature would
help a lot here.  That way if you could not use what was supplied you could
write your own and include it without crashing Writer or having to recompile.
WIth the Linux versions it could be implemented with a pipe, but I'm not too
sure about the Windoze versions.  It would also save disk and memory space
because you could leave out what you didn't need at installation and only add
what you needed as you needed it.

The optimist says the glass is half full.
The pessimist says the glass is half empty.
The engineer says the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

--Phil S