Victoria, Sven wrote:

Hi,

I have 2 newbie questions regarding UNO and to some extend Java

- UNO

The following definition is defined for queryInterface:
UnoRuntime.queryInterface(Class zInterface, Object object);

I have seen from an example that I can use XTextDocument.class
but I cannot (easily) find which other interfaces/classes I can
use with this function. Where can I find more info on this?

- Documentation

Why is the documentation on UNO references split in 2? For example: the com.sun.star.uno.UnoRunTime documentation is located in docs/java while the com.sun.star.uno.XInterface is located in docs/common.

Has this something to do with the "The specifications are first, then the UNO implementation" (Developers guide sect. 3.2.2) principle which is extended to the html references?
Regards,
Sven
As already stated, the dev list and also, not stated, the oooforum has some Java people there as well.

For the most part, an object will implement services. If you have an object that implements a interface, then you can obtain that interface from the object. Now, given a particular object, you just need to know which interfaces it implements. Basic hides most of these details, Java does not. So, a nice place to start is the API documentation. If you look here:
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/text/XTextDocument.html
You will see that the XTextDocument interface also inherts from some others. Usefulinformation...

I assume that you started with an object that supports teh TextDocument service. Look here to see all of the interfaces and services that are supported by this object:
http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/text/TextDocument.html

Most of this is probably outlined in the Developer's guide, but not as succintly.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw