Sorry.  I feel like I'm always asking dumb questions, but, as they say,
"The only dumb question is the one not asked".
    I saved a Microsoft Word document as an OpenOffice Word document, made
additions to it, then saved it back as a Microsoft Word document.  When I tried
to copy and paste it as an attachment to an Outlook Express message I received
an error box that said I needed a JAVA Run Time Environment.  I'm currently
using Windows ME, with StarOffice 5.2 which was installed when I originally got
the computer.  I thought StarOffice was a Sun Microsystems product which uses
JAVA, but I kept getting a message stating a JAVA Run Time Environment could
not be found.
    I recently downloaded OpenOffice 1.1.4.  Is there a different version I
should be using?  I see 1.1.5, beta 1.9+, and 2.0 Beta.  Have any of these been
updated to iron out some of the compatibility bugs I've been experiencing?  Are
they currently available?  I thought I saw where they weren't yet available.
Will they work on my system?
    Thanks for any assistance.  I'm still taking an on-line class and I need
this to work.
--
MIKE ENGLISH