Ave,

my question is relatively simple:
Is it possible to have in outline numbers and letters or even whole words
mixed together?
I'm writing thesis, containing a lot of sections/chapters which are normally
numbered
(this works fine!) but at the end I must add some appendixes.
These appendixes should have the same style as heading1 except outline
format
(I want to disable for them autonumbering feature and
 manualy enter their name without any numbers)
Could anybody help me with it?:)

I have the exactly the same problem (and I am writing my thesis now as well!) and I came up with the following solution: format the "lettered" headings with... Heading 10. You are unlikely to actually use all ten levels, so Heading 10 will probably remain unused. Then manually change the "Heading 10" paragraph style to be identical with Heading 1 (or whatever style you are trying to match) apart from numbering, which should be "A B C..." type here. Oh, and change Tools > Outline Numbering > Numbering > "Show sublevels" to 1 for it.

If you are using indents and/or formatting in TOC, you will need also to tune the "Contents 10" paragraph style to match Contents 1 or whatever.

This will work unless you use sub-headings in appendixes; then you'd probably have to manually change Heading 9 and 10 styles, but soon you might run out of heading styles...

Pozdrowienia,
--
Andrzej Sawula