Am Donnerstag, 25. August 2005 00:22 schrieb Mark Herring:
> If I print a simple document, I can set the print range and the page
> format and then everythin proceeds the way one would expect.
> I see no way to set the print range after issuing a print command.  You
> can specify a selection (which you would make before saying print---or
> you can specify the PAGES to print.
> Problem is that---for the complex
> workbook---you would somehow need to figure out WHICH page  (in my
> example--out of over 400).

I think I understand now what you mean: In table view, after having defined a
print range for the table you see right now, you want to print this page, and
only this page.

Here we go: After having defined the print range, go to preview (note that the
actual page number is shown bottom left in the status bar. Then > file >
print (or faster: Ctrl + P), and select the page which you want to print.
Note that, when printing from preview, the present page number is already
preselected.

> I still say that there is a fundamental flaw**
>
> -Mark
>
> **I define "flaw" in this context as anything that is so far from the
> MSOffice comfort zone that one would have to spend more than 15 minutes
> figuring out how to do it.

Of course, when one is used to a different GUI or behaviour then getting used
to a new GUI resp behaviour can take its time.

> Guido Pinkernell wrote:
> >Am Mittwoch, 24. August 2005 22:22 schrieb Mark Herring:
> >>Before I file an issue on this, please tell me if I am missing something
> >>obvious.
> >>
> >>Printing a large Excel file--many worksheets
> >>Open file
> >>Set page format to tabloid, landscape
> >>Set print range to a desired portion of one sheet
> >>Open page preview.....
> >>
> >>At this point it seems to want to print the **entire workbook**  (All
> >>400+ pages).  The preview comes up showing the print area that I
> >>selected, but---if I then say "print", it starts processing all 400+.
> >
> >Yep. That's what happens if you just click on the print icon. For
> > selecting a certain range you need to click > File > Print, then select
> > range.
> >
> >Guido

Guido