From: Dave Barton [mailto:]
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:56 PM
To: Robert Crick
Cc: users@openoffice.org; 'Paul'
Subject: RE: [users] [moderated] Accessing Access

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 11:44 +1000, Robert Crick wrote:
> I have Windows XP professional.
>
> Nevertheless, I downloaded and installed JRE 5.0 Update 4 as advised
> in yiour email.
>
> When trying to openb a Microsoft Access file I'm now getting the
following:

> "Connection to [file name] could not be established.  Connection to
> external data source could not be established. Unknown error occurred.
> The driver is probably defective."
>
> The data is there, as I just created an Excel chart from the Data in
> the Access file.
>
> Any suggestions please?
>
> Robert

Sorry, but being a Linux user, I am not overly familiar with Access.
However, I did recently see a reference on one of the OOo lists to a
document which may be of some help to you. I can't remember or find the
original link, so I pulled it out of my browser cache and put it here:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/bmcs1/ooo_access.pdf

If you are planning to work extensively with OOo's database functions, you
might take a look at http://dba.openoffice.org/ and maybe subscribe to their
mailing list.

HTH
Dave