there should be no differences in this file when viewed from windows or linux.

1. are other files that have been transfered this way ok ?
2. can you read the same document in linux again ?
3. are oo.org versions on both operating systems identical (not required, but we anyway need to know what versions you have in each os)

t u wrote:
Hi,

I am a (real) newbie in Linux. I have a dual boot (XP - Novell Linux)
machine and a Fat32 partition. I was trying to write an OpenOffice
document in Linux, in Fat32, which I could not read in XP (OpenOffice
in XP said the file was to be repaired). Is that because of the
filesystem difference between linux and XP or something else?

Thanks a lot in advance.
--
 Rich