On Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:41 PM
Gregory Forster  wrote on the subject
Cut Open Office Load Time

I have an AMD 1800+ (1.15Mhz), 512DDR,7200 40G HD. For
me, it takes 5 sec to load the OO 1.9.122 text
document, 4 sec to load OO 1.9.122 without using QS.(I
defrag on a regular basis of once per week.)

I have not tried any of these recently without QS, but your
load results are consistent with mine.
I just downloaded 1.9m125, the changes have already been
applied in that version.
From your specs and results I have some hope that the (quite
slow) machine I gave my friend may load OO.o fast enough not to be annoying. I will take m125 there this weekend.

Many thanks!

David Teague, http://cs.wcu.edu/~dbt Advocating Free Software and Double Bass tuned in fifths
www.dennismasuzzo.com;  www.silviodallatorre.com
www.joelquarrington.com/; For information on Red Mitchell, http://home.teleport.com/~mimuma/; www.larryholloway.com