On Wednesday 31 August 2005 07:22, + Reg Kennedy wrote:
>  [ MODERATED ] ***********************
> Yes, I've done that (File, wizards, in 2.00). The UK Thesaurus is there
> but, by trial and error I have found I can only use it if I put my
> locale and currency as Australian and document language as US English.
> Then, up comes the UK Thesaurus!! Of course, that's useless if I have to
> work in US English!

Since words within a paragraph can be spelt from different locales it is
possible to define different spell checkers on a sequence of characters.
However to change the spellchecker for all of your document do "Edit" ->
"Select All" and then "Format" -> "Character ..." -> "Font" and change the
language.

You will find this and many more questions answered in
http://documentation.openoffice.org

Please reply to users@openoffice.org only

--
CPH : openoffice.org contributor