G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Wed, 2005-08-31 at 16:45 -0400, Pete Holsberg wrote:
Installing 1.9.125 in its own directory hierarchy removed *some* of the files in my 1.9.122 folder. Is it safe to completely remove the *entire* 1.9.122 folder now?

Depends on how you installed. I tried Uhv to install OOo from RPMs and
ended up removing everything and starting from scratch as some things
were used from one hierarchy in the 125 hierarchy and the net result was
confusion. So, from my experience, I would say keep the old hierarchy
until you absolutely establish that there is no interaction.
Forgot to mention Windows XP. :-)

The folders that remain in the 1.9.122 hierarchy are also in the 1.9.125 hierarchy, implying that the old ones are redundant.

Thanks.

--
Pete Holsberg
Columbus, NJ

Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826), speech, 1808