When you untar the files, they will be in a subdirectory named something like:
/home/doug/downloads/OpenOffice/OOo2.0beta2_native_packed_en-US

Beneath that subdirectory will be three subdirectories: licenses, readmes, and RPMS. You want to start your installation in the RPMS subdirectory. Also in RPMS, is another subdirectory named "desktop-integration." The *.rpm file you cite is located in desktop-integration. First you want to install the files in the RPMS directory. After that, cd to desktop-integration and install this last file. Trying to install the "..suse-menus.." rpm prior to installing the other files produces the error message you describe.

Doug

Seibert wrote:
Hi - Have a SUSE (1.9) system with OpenOffice (Ver 1.1) installed and operating. Am trying to Install new BETA2 version. Have downloaded and TARed) the downloaded file successfully. Now have file in root "openoffice.org-suse-menus-1.9.124-1.noarch.rpm" When I click on this file I get window that informs me to install with YAST. When I run the YAST I receive a conflict message:
 openoffice.org-base 1.9.125-1 conflict
    Unresolved Requirements:
        openoffice.org-base requires openoffice.org-core01
    Conflict Resolution:
        ( ) Do Not Install openoffice.org-base
        ( ) Ignore Conflict and Risk System Inconsistencies
openoffice.org-core01 not available
    Required by:
        openoffice.org-base requires openoffice.org-core01
    Conflict Resolution:
        ( ) Remove the Referring Package
            Do Not Install openoffice.org-base
        ( ) Ignore Conflict and Risk System Inconsistencies

Where do I go from here?

Thank you in advance.

bob