I use ConTEXT and Crimson for writing HTML, JavaScript, PHP, and SQL.  Both
are free.

Craig Herman

-----Original Message-----
From: Gail Selsmeyer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:28 AM
To: users@openoffice.org; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [users] Re: writing code for web page.?

James,

I find the best text editor for prgramming anything to be Soft As It Gets
"Ed4Win".  It'll work in almost any programming language's native format and
it's great to use in so many ways.  It's not free, but it's VERY
inexpensive.  And worth every penny in my mind.

http://www.getsoft.com/whats_new.html

Good luck.

Gail

>>> "James Elliott" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 9/1/05 3:04:54 AM >>>
Using OOo1.1.4 has just cost me a day's work - so I am not very happy!!!

I am building a Web site and today I used the OOo1.1.4 HTML editor.
I do not like using WYSIWYG editors (like Dreamweaver, or NVU) for HTML for
a lot of good reasons ... I just want to write my own code