Dan Lewis wrote:

On Monday 05 September 2005 11:47 am, Ain Vagula wrote:
David Teague(T-bird acct) wrote:
Dan Lewis wrote:
On Saturday 11 June 2005 02:26 pm, Joe Marks wrote:
On a WindowsXP machine, using 2.0, how can a list be
made of names, addresses, phone numbers, etc that can
be sorted so that the names are put in alphabetic
order?  In other words, how to make something similar
to a "Phone" or to a "address" book.
   There are at least two ways to to do this. 1) Create a
database for this information and sort the records by name. (You
might want to use seperate fields for first and last names so that
the sorting is done by the last name and then first name.)
2)Enter this information in a Calc spreadsheet. Select all the
rows with information in them. Click the A->Z icon to sort them
alphabetically by the entries of the first row.
I had the same question.
In MS Word I can go to Table|sort to sort a table. Among the
options are alphabetic and numeric sorting. I had hoped for
something similar in OO.o Writer, without having to to use other
OO.o components. If I understand you correctly, I cannot do that in
OO.o Writer (alone).

Would someone confirm that indeed this task requires another OO.o
component?
No, at least OO.o2.0beta2 can do this, menu Table - Sort.

ain
Well I'll be ####'ed. I looked for that until I couldn't see it. Once you mention that it is there, I still had to look the second time to fin it.
BUT MANY THANKS. I needed that feature. I have nearly stopped
using MS software, and this is another chip in the "right" direction!

David Teague
--
"Microsoft" is not the answer. "Microsoft" is the question.
The answer is "NO!"