Shani, have you installed the developer tools from the CD, they are not installed by default!

Tiger OS, right?

Let me know, even off list, it's pretty easy to install.

However if you really want it easy, grab NeoOffice/J, a derivative of OO for OSX, it has a DMG and install interface, and many OSX compliant look things, drag and drop, etc.

This issue comes up on the list quite a bit, so feel free to ask, try to give us as much info about your system as possible though.

Jason