keith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thank you for the lead on a grammar checker.
>
> When I am putting the ideas on "paper" the ideas flow without much
> concern about grammar.  Then once it is on paper I sometimes done
> see
> what I wrote but what I think I wrote.
>
> I like the grammar checker because it catches some of the typo
> where the
> typo is a real word.
> their vs there
> in vs inn
> car vs care
> bear vs. bare
>
> Verb agreement is big with me
>
> I could go on for quite a long list.  W

Keith,

I didn't mean to put you on the spot... If the grammar checker were
closer to perfection then I would be a big fan.  I was kind of hoping
that what you wanted was easy... 'in' from 'inn' probably would stick
out to a simple algorithm but I don't think telling 'bear' from
'bare' would be easy...

Take a look at Higgins (from the link on the OOo grammar page) for an
idea how complex this stuff is...

-Alan