Doug wrote:

> When I worked for a large corporation, we referred to the notion that merely
> adding people to a project would decrease the time to job completion as the
> "9 women, 1 month, 1 baby method".

That story is from _The Mythical Man Month._

If tasks can not be split into independent components, then the time
required will increase, as people are added.  If they can be split
into independent components, then adding people
will speed the project up, if each additional person is given a
different, independent component.

IOW, for creating the morphological dictionary:
One person would do morphological taggings of words;
One person would do morphological tagging of concords;
One person would do morphological tagging of affixes;
One person would  do morphological tagging of suffixes;

Rule set creation is a little different, depending upon the type of
grammar.  Usually segregation by tense makes sense.  [Especially for
languages like English, which has around thirty two tenses.]

xan

jonathon
--
Does your Office Suite conform to ISO Standards?