This sounds like a problem I had with version 109 a while back (and still have,
we haven't upgraded yet).  I could not navigate to the file by UNC name.  Only
through mapping or by doing File -> Open, like yourself.  This has only
happened with one of the many network drives at the company I work at.  I
opened an issue regarding it and have had no response as of yet.  The issue
number is 53184.  Let me know if you learn anything.  Thanks,

Robert

Jan-Peter Rühmann wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I ve Installed the RC1 yesterday and tried to open a File from my Server via
>
> \\Server\Path\File
>
> But I only get an Error that the fille isn t there.
>
> If I map the Folder than it functions normally if I first copy the File
> to my Client it works to.
> Is there any Setting to make this work?
>
> In 1.1.x and 1.9.x I didn t have that Problem.
>
> Thanks,

I would say that mapping drives and folders over your local
network is beyond the scope of OpenOffic.org.  Ask your network
administrator to have your network login script modified to do
the necessary mapping.
--
Dale Erwin
Salamanca 116