Madhusudan Singh wrote:

It is not my intention to start a distro war here but one could be forgiven
for guessing that anyone packaging programs for Linux would target the
Debian debs first, and anything else later. But the packaging in the
default download is in the RH rpm format. When are you folks going to wake
up and realize that RH ceased to be the dominant platform more than 2 years
ago ??
I'm no RPM fan. I use Gentoo. Gentoo devs packages things like OpenOffice in a Gentoo-friendly format. Surely Debian folks can do this too? And with Debian being so much more popular than sliced bread, the work:people ratio must be quite favourable :)

Seriously, don't hassle OOo people over something so trivial. They're working on a great product. If you can't figure out how to install it, then wait for your distro to package it for you.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer