Jonathan Kaye wrote:

Hi,
I've received a lengthy article which was written in MSWord (unfortunately).
Using OO2.0 I can open the document and most of the formatting is ok. The
problem is that example numbers along with their targets and
cross-referencing has not come through the conversion too well. The example
numbers and their cross-references all come out as "0" (zero) which is not
too helpful. These were done using the variable field - Type = Number
Range, Selection = "(" Format = Arabic (123) Name is greyed out and Value =
(+1
Changing the value has no effect.
I need to replace all these faulty Number Ranges with correct ones but I
can't see how to do this with Find/Replace. There are a few hundred of them
so I'd hate to do this by hand. I can't see how to redefine the existing
Number Range so I guess I'm stuck.
It's probably not relevant but I'm running Debian Etch 2.6.8.
Thanks for any suggestions.
Jonathan
Hi Jonathan,

First question.... How quickly do you need these?
I have written macros that looks at fields, references, and related items. It is possible that I can write a macro that will correct the issues that you have. You did say that there are hundreds. If you send me a copy of the file, I can see if I might be able to write a macro to fixup the document.

--
Andrew Pitonyak
My Macro Document: http://www.pitonyak.org/AndrewMacro.sxw