On Mon, 2005-10-24 at 20:28 +1000, Bob Long wrote:
> I'm wondering if this can be confirmed. If so, I'll enter it as an Issue
> (unless someone can point to one already there. I could not find one).  OOo
> 2.0; Win XP. Adminstrator permissions. Files in question are not read-only.
>
> Create a Writer template as follows:
>
> 1) Create a new Writer document. Add some text.
> 2) File|Templates|Save..., give it a name, e.g. "test". Click OK. It should
> save correctly.
> 3) Close Writer.
> 4) Start Writer again.
> 5) File|New|Templates and Documents
> 6) Select and Open the "test" template just created.
> 7)  File|Templates|Save..., select "test" from the "Templates" column. Click
> OK.
> 8) The name "test" will appear in the "New template" field.
> 9) Click OK. You will be prompted if you want to overwrite. Click Yes.
> 10) The result will be an error message: "Error writing document Untitled 1
> as template: General error. General input/output error."
>
> This did not happen in 1.1.4. That is, it was previously possible to
> overwrite an existing template.
>
> Bob Long

Please file an issue into Issue Tracker as this is the best way to have
problems such as this evaluated.

If you haven't already registered, do the following:

     1. To file an issue you must register with OOo by clicking the
        My Pages tab and selecting the Register link
http://www.openoffice.org/servlets/Join
     2. Fill in your information
     3. Reply to the confirmation email that will be sent to the address
        you provided.
     4. Once you have confirmed, go to www.openoffice.org again
     5. And click on the "My Pages" tab from which you can file and find
issues.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It is important that you file
any examples with the issue to ensure your need is understood.
--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead