Robert Adkins wrote:
I could see OpenOffice.org one day adding a "Deskopt Publisher", similar to MS Publisher. I have yet to personally discover a regular everyday business need for a "Desktop Publisher" software. Of course, I am not in advertising or marketing. So, that might well explain it.

Yes, it would.

As for Macros, isn't that simply based off of VisualBASIC in MS Office? Doesn't OpenOffice.org use something born from "StarBASIC" and or a Java Interface for the same basic feature? (Without all the inherent danger in what I see as the crummy MS implementation.)

Yes. The only real problem is that, because OOo macros are capable of doing anything, and can be written in many different languages, the system has a /very/ steep learning curve compared to Microsoft's equivalent. As things stand now, StarBASIC macros can really be written only by professional programmers with a reference manual to hand.

--
John W. Kennedy
"But now is a new thing which is very old--