Odd problem with OOo 2.0 Beta for OS X. I'm running 10.3.9 and have no problems with either OOo 1.1.2 or NeoOffice/J with reading from or writing to a Samba share on the linux file server.

I downloaded and installed OOo 2.0 beta for OS X and it works very well with files on the local disk, but cannot open for editing or save or save as to the Samba share. I get general input output errors. A save or save as leaves a 0k file of the right name on the Samba share. I can open files read only and save as to the local drive.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem? As I work almost exclusively from the Samba share on the sever, this problem is a serious one for me. In the meantime I will continue to use the older versions of OOo and NeoOffice.

Thanks for any help in solving this problem.

Ross Bernheim

The price of freedom is eternal litigation.