Try mac link plus from dataviz -- it will translate MS Works files into many formats -- probably the most useful to you would be Works WP to Word and Works Spreadsheet to excel. It will also do a batch convert, so you could convert everything at once and be done with it. It's $99.00 but that beats having to retype everything.

Good Luck!

Andy
Spitfire Computer Services
441 Beaver Street