On Thursday 27 October 2005 04:06, Thomas Lange wrote:
>Hi Richard,
>
>> Has anyone else noticed that .pdfs exported from .odt are 5 times or
>> so bigger than those exported from .sxw?
>> That is, a 15kb file saved as a .sxw will export a 70kb or so .pdf,
>> while the same file saved as a .odt exports almost 400kb.
>> Why is this?
>> Is it fixable, because I don't want to clog up clients' mailboxes with
>> .pdf attachments.
>> And is there a better place than here to ask this question?
>
>That is unknown to us (QA & developers).
>
>Can you please send your two documents (sxw & odt) to Hasan
>([EMAIL PROTECTED]) please? You may do this either directly or by filing
>an issue and adding those documents as attachments.
>And also please specifiy how you converted one into the other (I guess
>the sxw was "saved as" odt though).

This is how I made the .odt of my christmascard, originally built in
OOo-1.1.2 IIRC, the .sxw was 506k and the OOo2.0  saved .odt was 534k.

A 28k size difference is a never mind to me.  Maybe the original .sxw
referenced an image that was pulled in at load time, but the .odt already
contains that image?  But thats just a swag*.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)