This is a draft copy of the Getting Started with Base chapter:
http://delewis.com/OOo/GettingStartedWithBase_DL_26Oct05.odt.
The bottom of page 17 through part of page 18 have instructions on using the
Control icon. As soon as it is reviewed and approved, it will become part of
the Getting Started Guide for OOo.
     Just to make sure you are not confused in this matter, the Control icon
is not the same thing as the Ctrl key on the keyboard. The Control icon opens
the Properties window when you are editing.
     There are many changes that can be made from the Properties window. What
I wrote in this chapter is how to change the Label for a field in a database
form. Working within the Properties window for a while, you should become
comfortable with what most of the controls in the Properties window. Warning:
do this on a test file rather than a real one. Once you are comfortable with
making changes in the test file, it will be safe to make the same changes in
one that has real data in it.

Dan