CPHennessy wrote:

On Mon October 24 2005 19:34, Robert Volke wrote:
In Microsoft Office trailing spaces were ignored when filtering a
column.  Is there a way to do this in OpenOffice?  I've looked through
the documentation and was unable to find the answer to this question.
My problem is that when I run the auto-filter on the records, I will
receive multiple representations for the same value because each one has
a different number of spaces trailing the text.  What I really want is
to ignore these trailing spaces like Microsoft Excel did so users don't
need to go in and delete all the trailing spaces.  Thank you for your
help,

Hi Robert,
Can you please report this in issuezilla ? ( http://openoffice.org -> "My Pages" -> "Register", then when you receive a confirmation email, "Login" and "File an issue" ) In this way the relevant developers will see your bug report / suggestion and you will also see the progress of this feature / bug report if it is accepted.

Robert:
As a workaround, can't you store the cells to be filtered in adjacent cells after applying the trim() function?
Doug