On Fri, 2005-10-28 at 06:13 -0700, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 28 Oct 2005, G. Roderick Singleton wrote:
>
> > Using native installers was a goal so that the installer cobbled together
> > for the 1.1.x releases did not have to be maintained. It proved to be
> > problematic with the way it sucked resources. So, I guess the question is
> > "Who can we get to maintain the 1.1.x installation programmes see as there
> > are too few developers?" Can you and your company donate the resources to
> > do this? I do hope so as it would make me and others, like yourself, very
> > happy.
>
> > Hope this helps.
>
> Rod,
>
>    It helps my understanding, that's for sure. However, I'm the only full-time
> employee here and my expertise is environmental risk management and the
> application of computational intelligence to environmental issues.
> Maintainence of the 1.1.x installer requires an experienced, knowledgeable
> coder; that's not me.
>
> Rich

I can understand your situation. I was hoping that you had the
resources. Too bad you do not. Maybe someone else who would like to see
the old installer back will read our exchange and step in. I guess that
is the best we can expect.

--
PLEASE KEEP MESSAGES ON THE LIST.
OpenOffice.org Documentation Co-Lead