Jim Martin wrote:

Anthony Chilco wrote:

Hi Bryce, Jim,
The reason for the long load and save times is that all OOo files are stored in XML format. Basically, they're text files and must be parsed and translated to binary each time. MSO saves only in binary format, so the load time is shorter. The only way around it is to break your file up into more manageable sections if that's possible, and link the output of each section into one file.

Thanks for the inside scoop. Unfortunately, that's a complete show stopper for me. I'll give OO another look at 3.0 maybe.

Cheers,

Jim

Could people in this situation use the old sxc format? I've also got some customers interested, but this would be a big hurdle in some (but not all) cases.

Brian