G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 17:23 -0600, Brian Carey wrote:
G. Roderick Singleton wrote:

On Thu, 2005-10-27 at 16:48 -0600, Brian Carey wrote:

CPHennessy wrote:

On Tue October 25 2005 23:15, Brian Carey wrote:

2.0 on slackware (rpm2tgz worked quite nicely ;)

I have selected thunderbird as my email client. When I try to send a
mail via File->Send->email attachment everything works fine if tbird is
not already running. If it is running I get the "select a different
profile" dialog from thunderbird, which of course I don't want to do.
There is a text(xml) config file for all of the mail file tools supported. If you find that file you should see the command line used. If you then know what that command line should look like change it and enter a bug report to get it changed in OOo.

Can you give me an idea of where to look? "grep -Ri email /opt/openoffice2.0" shows up far too many references for me to look at each one. My Common.xcu shows:

<node oor:name="ExternalMailer">
<prop oor:name="Program" oor:type="xs:string">
 <value>thunderbird</value>
</prop>
</node>

which would seem correct.

I think you are trying to fix the wrong program. You should be looking
to fixing how X applications are launched. Since you can email when
there is an existing instance of tbird but not invoke one, you might
like to try the attached shell script which is what I use and find it
works well.

If the script is not stripped by OO.org qmail, my apologies in advance.

Thank you, but there was no script attached.

I don't think (although I may be wrong) that it is a general X issue. Both kmail and mozilla seem to behave properly. It is only with tbird that I have this problem.

Thanks,
Brian

Look in your acupuncture mailbox.
I have not received anything from you in my mailbox. Can you paste the script into this email thread, or just the relevant bits, as other mail programs seem to work fine?

Thanks,
Brian